20/21 APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW - JOIN THE OHANA
TEAM ZOOT is a family of like-minded athletes from around the USA, Europe and Australia/New Zealand. Established in 2008, TEAM ZOOT represents what being a triathlete is all about.Click Here To Apply
WHO IS TEAM ZOOT?
TEAM ZOOT is about Ohana. Formed in 2008, the team is comprised of everyone from beginner triathletes to seasoned Kona qualifiers. Zooters are a friendly bunch who train and race hard but also enjoy the journey. If you’re the kind of athlete who thanks volunteers on race day, smiles and even laughs when the going gets tough, then you have what it takes to be a part of the team. We rely on TEAM ZOOT for product feedback as we are constantly improving and evolving the very best triathlon gear available.
WHY DOES ZOOT HAVE A TEAM?
Our #1 goal is to create a community around triathlon. We want to connect seasoned veterans and beginners. Our priority is to create a support system for athletes of all levels. We also rely on our Team to help us improve apparel design by often reaching out for feedback. By being part of the team, you are also part of Zoot and we value your feedback.
WHAT KIND OF ATHLETES IS ZOOT LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for triathletes who enjoy the journey and are passionate about triathlon. Whether you race a sub 10 hour Ironman or you are looking to complete your first Sprint Distance tri, it’s showing up and exuding a positive attitude that counts.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I MADE THE TEAM?
In November 2020 all applicants will be notified if they have or have not been accepted to TEAM ZOOT via email.
CAN I APPLY IF I DON'T LIVE IN AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND
DO YOU NEED TO BE FAST OR PODIUM TO BE ON THE TEAM?
No, you do not need to be speedy fast or place on the podium in races. It is more important to us at Zoot that you love the sport of triathlon and want to share your passion for the sport with others. TEAM ZOOTERS encourage others on and off the course!
WHAT DOES IT COST TO JOIN AND WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
There are no membership fees to join TEAM ZOOT. As a member of the team you are required to race in team gear which will be available for pre-order in November. You must purchase either a 1 or 2 piece race kit and accessories pack which is unique to TEAM ZOOT.
All items in the TEAM ZOOT kitstore will be available at a heavy discount for team members. You can purchase as much or as little additional custom items from the team store at that time. New gear always feels good!
TEAM ZOOTERS also enjoy the following benefits:
- Custom TEAM ZOOT only cycling, swim and running gear at a deep discount
- A standing year long discount on every item Zoot Sports ANZ offers from our website. Save on the latest releases and already discounted items in our sale section.
- Team ONLY discounts with our sponsor partners. You are not required to train/race with affiliated sponsor gear/nutrition, but we have the best partners in the industry and you will want to use their products.
- TEAM ZOOT gatherings in your region and at races, social rides, happy hours, features on our website & partner brand promotions throughout the year.
CAN I BE ON ANOTHER BRANDS TRIATHLON TEAM?
We ask if you want to represent TEAM ZOOT, to only represent Zoot. We love competing against other branded teams!
WHAT DOES ZOOT EXPECT FROM YOU AS A ZOOTER?
- Introduce the sport of triathlon to at least one new person. You can bring a friend or family member who has never watched a race to a triathlon. You can encourage someone to toe the line at a sprint triathlon. You can teach an intro to tri swim or transition clinic. The possibilities are endless when you love the sport of triathlon and want to share it with others.
- Plan to race at least 1 triathlon throughout the 20/21 season
- Race exclusively in the TEAM ZOOT or TEAM ZOOT CLUB kit
- We don’t require an Instagram or Facebook account but if you have one and really like a particular item we offer, share it! Follow Zoot Sports ANZ on social media and tag #teamzoot.
- Race clean and follow the rules of the race
- Encourage and be respectful of other athletes
- THANK the volunteers!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, SMILE AND HAVE FUN!
WHO ARE THE TEAM ZOOT PARTNERS FOR 20/21
We have not finalized our partners for 20/21 but are looking forward to announcing returning partners and new partners! Global 2020 partners included Quintana Roo, ENVE, Garmin, Smith, Gatorade Endurance, Speedfil, BASE Salt, Zelios, BOCO gear, Power Dot, IRC Tires, Amp Human, Picky Bars, Form Goggles and Athletic Brewing.
CAN I BE ON A LOCAL TRIATHLON CLUB/TEAM?
Yes, we encourage you to be involved in your local community. We ask that when you race, that you wear your TEAM ZOOT or TEAM ZOOT CLUB kit.